Plain Language Champions are staff members who are given extra training so they can help their colleagues meet the Plain Language Standard. They don’t edit work. Instead they advise and inspire.
Plain Language Champions:
- recognise the business benefits of using the Plain Language Standard and writing guidelines
- are willing to help achieve a lasting change in writing culture
- understand the principles of plain English and exemplify them in their own writing.
Champions work with the Project Leader in encouraging all staff to use the Standard and guidelines. They monitor and encourage the use of the Standard and guidelines within their assigned group of staff by:
- helping staff apply the Standard and guidelines to all writing
- providing positive, encouraging feedback and helpful critique
- running regular competitions, quizzes, or other activities to encourage the use of plain language in a positive way.
You can download a .PDF of this description: Plain Language Champion job description